
I just wanted to say how blown away I am by my sister's new Christmas CD, "Come Darkness, Come Light." It is so quiet and strong and subtle. I would have a tough time saying it's the best thing she's ever done since she has so much other wonderful work out there, but somehow, arriving as it did this Christmas, at the end of My Favorite Year, makes it especially meaningful. Why? Not just because of the pleasure I derive from listening to it, but from knowing that she is happy and creatively fulfilled. And when my family is happy, I'm happy.
Here's a nice Q & A she did about the CD with Julia Reed, that wonderful Southern writer, on wowowow.com, a lively website for women. I actually did a short article on Julia's new cookbook/memoir, "Ham Biscuits and Hostess Gowns" after meeting her when she was in Pittsburgh in October. Her spinach and artichoke casserole is unbelievable.
No comments:
Post a Comment