Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sublime summer weather


It's July 18th and the air is fresh and cool... it could be Maine, it could be Oregon... but it's Pittsburgh, and it's the best sleeping weather you could imagine... no air-conditioning unit in the window yet, and it's July 18.
The hydrangeas have been outstanding... as you can see from this photo taken on my rather lame BlackBerry camera. That's the tent my daughter Leslie pitched in our backyard as soon we returned home from our New England trip... she just couldn't bring herself to sleep in her own bed, I guess. She and daughter Annie were a delight all throughout the trip... here they are outside the Plaza Hotel in New York... where we stumbled upon Mariah Carey preening for the papparazzi. Inspired, I told my girls to preen for me:










They were pretty amazed, but, hey, anything can happen in Manhattan... and here they are on a friend's Vermont porch, preparing to go inspect the bullfrogs in her pond...










And, to top it all off, here's a photo from another front porch I really like ... far far from Vermont, but just as beautiful!

No comments: