Pittsburgh's magnolias are nowhere near close to bloom... but I am already starting to fantasize... maybe three weeks from now? Here is one magnolia whose buds I captured for posterity a year ago... it's on the way to work... I nearly drove off the road when I saw it. Please ignore the yewball right beside it. I would like to hurl a Molotov cocktail at these horrible foundation plantings... they're magnets for bugs and mice and peeing dogs... and ugly to boot. But oh, those magnolias!!!!
Monday 7 September 1663
-
Up pretty betimes, and awhile to my vyall, and then abroad to several
places, to buy things for the furnishing my house and my wife's closet, and
then met ...
5 days ago
3 comments:
If that hedge disappears in the middle of the night , we are going to know who took it.
Oh my soul. Exquisite.
Gorgeous. We don't have magnolias here but did where I lived in Toronto - the trees are just astounding with those giant flowers, aren't they!?
Post a Comment